Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Longest Day...so far

Today we ran south 22 miles from Custer out and back. It was uphill the whole way, both ways! The weather forecast underpredicted the heat by at least 10 degrees. Woke up at 4:30, car drop at Pringle, back to Custer, then ran our hot 44 miles. The last 2 miles in a thunderstorm, which was welcome.

After that we ordered pizza, and during the hour it took to wait for it we drove to pick up my car in Pringle, went to the grocery store for more food & ice, then we got the pizza, scarfed it, then drove an hour to Deadwood to check into our overpriced hotel.

It's been quite the challenge to run, drive, eat, sleep, resupply, and fit it all in each 24 hours! We'll just take it a day at a time.

Time to sleep!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Golly gosh , it's all go at your end! Hope you manage to find sometime to relax this weekend!
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

Keep up the awesome work! I love reading your posts because eventually I hope my body can get to the point where I can run long distances. Go get some rest!

Maria
www.fitnessgirlkitchen.com

Alene Gone Bad said...

Maria, keep working at it. It's taken me nearly 30 years of running to be able to do all this.

Molly, we did end up figuring out how to get a little sleep by the end!