Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, June 24, 2013

Gluten-Free Girl and Wheaties Boy Hit the Power Trail

Finally, a run with Wheaties Boy tonight. We're back at it.

I don't know which one of us was more wiped out, we were both suffering a bit, but the important thing is that we did the run. He's still recovering from a killer run at Bryce, and I'm still recovering from work, again.

Today I started to feel tired at 9 am, and by 1 pm I was ready for my nap. Work hangover brain fog pretty much killed any productivity writing-wise today, but I did have one productive meeting this morning.

I woke up from my nap around 4:30 pm, I slept 3 hours. Soon after that I got a text from Wheaties Boy that he was headed home from work. We met at 6:15 and did an out and back on the Power Trail, 11.2 miles, averaged 9 minute pace, and it was 90 degrees when we started, 83 degrees when we finished.

I barely survived my work week with the extra shifts, and I'm coming up on another busy one. This past weekend wasn't bad at work, but it was enough to make me really tired. This week I don't have quite so many 12 hour shifts, but I won't be completely recovered from last week by the time I hit work again this week. My work hangover Wednesday will fall on a work day this week.


I'm thoroughly enjoying the air conditioning in the Woman Cave. Dennis installed that over the weekend and I am comfortable now. If I want the sauna effect, I just turn off the AC. Otherwise, I can chill out in here.

I'm planning on another speed workout, a Tabata session, and hills this week, and shoot for a total of somewhere between 70 and 75 miles, without doing anything too long. I'll fit all of it in somewhere, and see how I feel by the end of the week. I'm hoping it won't kill me. What I really need to do is get back to doing core work and weight training. That might not happen until next week, given my time limitations.

But if I look in the mirror and see my disappearing ribs again, it might happen sooner. Whatever it takes...

No comments: