Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Freeze Yer Haboobs Off!

When I woke up this morning it was two degrees outside. I got my butt out the door at 8:30 and drove over to Horsetooth Reservoir for the hills. I did about 15 miles and froze my butt off but got the hills done. No whining.

It was 12 degrees in town when I started, and 17 degrees as I drove home afterwards. It was really beautiful up at the reservoir, and there was a slight breeze blowing ice crystals in the air. Not sure how cold it was up there with the wind, but my face froze running into the wind. I had my neck gaiter and covered my face with it.

Only a few easy miles tomorrow and I should have a solid 80 mile week behind me, with speed, tempo and hills, off to a good start.

On the other side of the world, Australia is having record heat, including haboobs. Here, we're freezing our haboobs off. My Badwater crew would say, don't forget your thermal ha-bra.

This cold weather is supposed to last for a week, the temperatures should return to normal, mid-40s, by the end of next week. The days are getting longer. It's spring.

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Yes, we are freezing our haboobs off, for sure! Except, you more than us. I must be getting old - I used to go out and ride in blizzards and not think anything of it. Not so much any more..... it was 21 feels like 12 late this morning - I rode the trainer. :-)

Alene Gone Bad said...

By the end of next week, 21 will feel warm. Good job being motivated enough to get on the trainer. It will have to be way below zero with wind before I set mine up!