Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Work Hangover Wednesday: Where I Eat Snakeheads for Breakfast

It's that day again. Back off, bucko. Get outta my way. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

It was really slow at work for some reason in the afternoons this week and I ended up getting off early both Monday and Tuesday. Which is okay, I've been working a lot of extra shifts lately and it's been super busy, so this was a nice break. But I'm as tired after my two shortened work days as I am normally.

I feel extremely irritable today, and I am craving weird foods like green chile, which is non-existent here in Fort Collins in it's purest form. I am sure the brain fog and exhaustion and food cravings are just the random perimenopausal bitch coming out of hiding. Surprisingly enough I don't crave chocolate. That would be too easy to fix.

Unfortunately a road trip to New Mexico to solve the green chile crisis is out of the question today.

I tried studying a little and I am way too brainfogged to concentrate. I don't even feel like running. I took the girls for a walk and then I lost motivation. I hate losing whole days to fatigue, it annoys the crap out of me. I just feel like whining and bitching, okay?

We are coming up on green chile season though. Soon we are going to make a trip to get our bushels of green chile stash. Might have to stock up on wine for the winter, too.

I haven't had much to say lately on this blog, or anywhere. Don't know why my tongue is tied, there isn't a hell of a lot going on that's exciting enough to report. Starting up training again has been slow and humbling. I'm out of things to say at the moment.

The hot weather is back, and Shannon and I have the tempo run tonight. It's supposed to be 95 degrees, so that will be interesting. Eventually the weather will cool off and I'll be able to see how fit I really am. Which is another moment of truth that I'm sort of dreading. I'm still planning to run the Rat Race 5K this Saturday to see if I can actually move faster than I did last weekend.

I need a nap, badly. Don't knock on my front door or you'll likely be greeted by this:


Maybe I'll crawl out of my cave later, but for now I'm going to sit here and pout.

2 comments:

Allen said...

Feeling better? Hope so cause a good run in the heat might be nice. Followed by an ice cold beer.

Alene Gone Bad said...

I got my nap, did a slow torturous tempo run in the 93 degree heat, and now I'm going to take you up on your suggestion, Allen. Beer-thirty.