Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

There's Hope For This Old Fart...

I am happy tonight, I am smiling. Why?

Because I finally had a decent workout today!!!

WOOHOO!

The hamstring and hip pain and all the tweaks on the left side have resolved, I did 6 miles easy this morning and then 11.5 miles tempo tonight with Shannon, 8:13 pace average.

Finally it appears that I'm making improvement. First I need to get to sub-8 minute average pace, then I can see where it goes from there.

I know that somewhere deep in these huge hypertrophied thighs and calves are some fast-twitch fibers screaming to be released from exile.

Only another week and a half until my next 5K. I work this weekend so I'll have to figure out some kind of fast short workout to do on Friday. Maybe I'll actually drag my butt over to the track.

First, I need to get through the next two days of work without too bad of a work hangover on Friday. Then I'll see if I'm up for a track workout. One thing at a time...

2 comments:

giraffy said...

Nice tempo!!

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks! Hope they get even better with cooler weather!