Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Work Hangover Wednesday: The Mother of All Work Hangovers

I barely survived my last day of my long work streak, wrapped it up with a 13 hour day and stumbled home, within an hour I ate a little food, took a shower and was in bed by 9 pm.

I slept until 9 am. By 11 am I was ready for a nap, but I had a lunch meeting, and when I got home my brain was totally fried, I did some grocery shopping, laundry, and dishes at home until my eyes were closed enough to take a nap.

I slept another hour and a half, then went for a 2 mile run. That was all I could deal with. My legs are still sore from Horsetooth rock, I was so groggy I could barely move, and in the morning I am running a 5K! That will be interesting.

I'm running the Firecracker 5K, at City Park. It sounded like a good idea when I signed up. But this is easily a two day work hangover, so we'll see...

Someone is setting off fireworks in the neighborhood and Isabelle is scared. I hate that. I don't understand the appeal of making noise, especially when it terrifies animals. If they could see our little trembling Bella, would it even make a difference? Probably not.

Isabelle's 12th birthday is on the 5th and we're going to have a party for her. Poor thing always has her birthday on the day after she's been scared and freaked out all night.

I'm doing pretty well with the food thing, I'm sure I'll get sick of salads after a while. I'm hungry a lot, but haven't been ravenous yet. I just need to run more than 2 miles, now that I have a few days off.

No comments: