Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Work Hangover Wednesday: WTF Winter?



We were supposed to get hit with the big spring blizzard of the year, the schools were called off the day before, everyone was canceling appointments and bracing themselves for the big dig-out.

When we woke up this morning I looked out the window and said to Dennis, "Better get your boots on, we'll be digging out for a couple of days."

It was barely even a dusting, but it was cold and windy as hell!

Two long days of work, with an unusually high proportion of crazies, Darwin Award candidates and just plain oddballs. It's not even a full moon, so I'm not sure what brought the creepy crawlers out.

All I know is that by the end of the day all I wanted to do was drink. My job has that effect on me sometimes. Not to mention that I've had very little sleep the past few nights.

I stopped off on my way home and got an Arrogant Bastard, and Dennis made catfish tacos with mango and pineapple salsa. Perfect. I didn't have to cook, all I had to do was relax.

Now I'm home for the rest of the week, with a gazillion things to get done and start packing for Ohio. I'm ready to get out of here, to get away from the daily onslaught of things turned upside down. How many times a day can you say, "you have got to be kidding me"? I'm due for a good rant, but I don't have the energy right now. Short, easy runs are all I'm allowed to do this week, so there could be some rants coming soon.

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

I can't talk about the weather - it just makes me sad. At least the snow in Colorado will melt; I think I live in a glacier.

Alene Gone Bad said...

Steve, I feel your pain, today. I'm just hoping that next week in Ohio I will be bringing warmer weather with me. I'll try to send some your way. I wonder how much 6 layers of clothing would slow me down in a 24 hour run?