Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Soup for a Cold Day

Today I went to Riverbend Ponds for an hour run. I love the cold wind. I thought about running at Nardini Manor and how the air will feel so different in Arizona, near sea level. It might rain, but it won't be 19 degrees with 30 mph gusts like it was today.
I launched a new blog today, something I've been meaning to do for a while, it will be one of my projects for the coming year. This one is a food blog, it will have my favorite recipes.

Back in the days when I was in high school and used to go backpacking on the weekends, we referred to the dehydrated and freeze-dried sacks of food we used to reconstitute with water over a gas stove as "bitchen swill". It's what you eat when you're really, really hungry, like after carrying a 40 pound pack all day in the desert.
Go visit Bitchen Swill and tell me what you think. So far there's just one recipe, but I'll have more recipes posted in January.

No comments: