Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holy Haboob!


A taperworm of the most unusual variety...

Nathan, my brother, and our sole crew member from the Phoenix area, sent us an e-mail tonight letting us know he might be a few hours late getting out of Phoenix because of this massive duststorm that hit Phoenix yesterday. His pool and entire yard and house were dusted by this freak storm.

I lived in Phoenix a total of 10 years and I never remember seeing a duststorm this big. It has a name, "Haboob".

There's only one thing to do...bring the swim goggles!









This wouldn't be the first time I used swim goggles while running in the desert. I can remember summer evening track workouts in Scottsdale where I was glad I had my goggles!

The girls have been watching me pack. They have inspected everything and they have something to say about it.














Iris has the last word.

5 comments:

Mike said...

I bet "the girls" want to go with you...Best of luck in your Badwater Adventure,I'll be following your progress on the net.

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks Mike! I know the girls would LOVE to go, but I haven't seen grass, trees, or squirrels, or 70 degree temperatures in Death Valley lately...and I don't know how good they are at chasing Haboobs.

Slush said...

Good luck Alene! I will be following along from the Fort. Say hi to Felix and Dan!
--Slush

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks Scott! I'll be sending you & Celeste and e-mail about the trip later today or tomorrow. Will pass the message along to Dan and Felix. Felix will be my guest blogger, check the blog for updates. Who knows maybe one day soon you'll be out in DV doing Badwater, at the rate you're going. You've been tearing it up!Keep up the great running!

Libby said...

Good luck Alene! I will be thinking about you and can't wait to catch up when you get back!

Libby