Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Life Lately...

This week was a busy one. I started out trying to cheer myself up by getting some Peeps, now that they are out in the stores. I set them up for the girls and of course Iris the peep snatcher got almost all of them. Isabelle wasn't all that interested. I think she knew something was up.


We scheduled Isabelle's surgery on the 10th, to have a huge lipoma removed from her right hind leg. The 10th also happened to be my birthday, number 51, and I knew we'd be busy taking care of Isabelle, so on the evening of the 9th, we decided to go out to the Rio and get some margaritas. It was a last minute decision after dinner. I had one regular margarita which is normally more than enough to do me in, but they had blood orange margaritas as a special and I had to try that. So I did.

It was sweet, didn't taste all that good. But by the time I went to bed that night my was head spinning, knowing I had to get up in the morning to take Isabelle to the vet.

Isabelle's surgery went well. She's been comfortable. Dennis and I have taken turns sleeping on the futon, which we dragged into the living room, so we could be with Isabelle all night. She can't do stairs for a couple of weeks.

That has resulted in sleep deprivation for both of us. My brain has been gone. I went to the store yesterday, forgot the most important thing on my list, and realized I had my shirt on backwards.

Running has taken a back seat to everything, once again. I guess it's just not time to start coming back yet. When things settle down and I can think again, then I'll be able to enjoy running. I take Iris for walks and that's about it.

Isabelle got used to the collar, she only needs it when I can't watch her. She hasn't tried licking yet, but she's still pretty doped up from the pain meds. I will start weaning her off those later today, it's been two days now.

As far as running goes, I am just looking forward to the 12 hour run next weekend. No matter what, it will be good for me to get out and stretch my legs, cover some distance, listen to music, and lose myself. I need it for therapy so bad!

The exciting thing this week is that the Empowered Nurses book, in which I wrote a chapter, is due to be released on March 16th. there is also a telesummit that shows the interviews with me and the other 10 authors. I am going to write a separate post about that and the book soon. Check it out. There's a link to purchase the book in the right-hand column of this blog.

The premise behind the book is to show how nurses can rise above the problems in the profession and find a more fulfilling path in nursing.

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

Oh no! Isabelle has to wear the cone of shame!!! Iris is looking at her saying, "I don't know you.Don't stand near me with that thing on your head!"

Hope your birthday kicks off fresh, invigorated running, and great year for you!