Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, October 10, 2014

Leisure Racing...

This was the full moon over our neighbor's house earlier this week.

Since then it's been dumping rain, then sprinkling, and now just overcast and damp for the past two days. We are supposed to get a giant blue hole in the sky tomorrow and have nice weather for race day. I hope that happens. Sunday is not supposed to be quite so great.

I'm doing my pre-race self-sequester, got a small amount of work done this morning and everything is ready to go. I managed to sneak the bag and all my supplies out the door while the Buffaloes were chasing squirrels in the yard today. Thanks, squirrels.

I'm trying to stuff as many calories in as possible, and drink plenty.

Dennis was up in Gunnison for a couple of days and took these pictures in Crested Butte of my old stomping grounds. Makes me want to be there. I loved this time of year up there, no tourists around, having all the trails to ourselves before the snow covered everything.

Dennis is coming to spectate for a short period of time at Boulder Reservoir sometime during the race though he'll surprise me when he shows up. It's rare for me to be running an ultra so close to home. I don't even have to get up at an outrageous hour, even though it's a 45 minute drive to the reservoir from here. So nice. It's like a leisure race.

I made my PBJs and got my yogurts ready, and spiked my vitamin water zero stash with S caps. Eddie will have a big canopy so if it rains we'll have our stuff covered. After all this rain it should have dumped a lot of snow on the high peaks so between the trees changing colors at the Rez and the snowcapped mountains we should have nice scenery if the clouds lift.

Really just looking forward to stuffing my earbuds in tight, putting it in autopilot, forgetting everything and having a nice leisurely cruise along the reservoir for 24 hours.