Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday is my Sunday

March came in like a lion. It doesn't seem too fierce or too extreme, but maybe it's because we're getting used to windy and cold every day. Thursday, 10.5 miles easy, Power Trail and Spring Creek, windy and cold. Today, 14 miles of hills at Horsetooth, windy and cold. Brief sunshine this morning, but by 4 miles in, it was cloudy again.

This morning, I woke up to a nice surprise. I won a new pair of sunglasses in a giveaway on Paige's blog. Thanks to Paige, and to BTB Sport Optics. I'm getting the BTB 910. I needed a new pair of sunglasses, the ones I've had since 2008 are wearing out.

Between my new sunglasses and my upcoming Walmart excursion, I'll be stylin. Alene, the fashion diva. I'll take pictures, as this is a rare opportunity, like seeing me in a dress.

This upcoming weekend is my work weekend so I'm pretty much done with running for the week. I rarely run on my work days, unless something weird happens, like waking up at 4 am with way too much energy, or getting off early because we have no patients coming in. Both of those scenarios are highly unlikely.

Speaking of work, Heather at 365 Days of Awesome posted this video on her blog today, and I thought it was great. Reminds me of work. This is some of what I'll be doing this weekend while you all are out there running. Patients say the funniest things, and they can make you laugh and cry.

But I'm adding another video afterwards, same guy, to pause for a moment before we all go out and do our weekend runs: gratitude for what we all have.





Happy weekend, and enjoy every mile.

No comments: