Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Badwater Images

Here are more Badwater photos, everything in this post is from the 2003 Memorial Day training clinic. Note: all photos in this post by Nathan Nitzky


Panamint Dunes.

On the road to Stovepipe Wells.




You could spend a lifetime studying the natural history of Death Valley.
Ken and I took a break under the palm trees at Furnace Creek. This is the only place with shade in the first 40 miles of the course.




On the road to Stovepipe Wells, we took a break to get off our feet.





That's me at the start of the training clinic.


Sunflowers!



More interesting rock formations near the beginning of the course. This area is called the Devil's Golf Course.

Around every bend in the road there's another psychedelic rock formation.




Nathan's road thermometer. It was 110 degrees, a cool morning.



Sunset over Stovepipe Wells.

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Great Photos...found u from my friends Lisa Bliss's blog.

COngrats on ur ATY race & going for Badwater Race this summer!