Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, May 10, 2013

Cavedweller



I'm spending a lot of time in the woman cave, disciplining myself to get my work done out there. I have a big project I'm starting.

Yesterday after my drowned rat episode in my morning run, I got out and did 6 miles with Wheaties Boy last night just so we could catch up on the latest stuff in our lives. It's therapeutic for me to blow off steam while running just fast enough that I'm winded, but I can still get mostly full sentences out. I was sore again after our run, but that was gone by the time I woke up in the morning.

So this morning I went out for 5 miles easy and slow, and that didn't bother me, except for the feeling of being in slow motion on wood blocks again. I decided that I'm going to run the Casper Marathon on June 2, it's an easy drive from here and will be a good first long training run.



I was thankful I only needed to get about 5 miles in, because I needed to get back to the cave. I had a productive morning.

After I ate lunch I got a wonderful surprise visit from my friend Morgan, who stopped by the house as I was paying bills, and she brought me a nice little gift that I will enjoy, some herbs that can be used for aromatherapy. We talked about our aging dogs, aging Buffaloes, aging people, running, and various things.



I work tomorrow, just one day, and then I have Sunday off. We're going to celebrate Iris's 12th birthday, and Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Yes,even aging dogs need reading glasses :)

Alene Gone Bad said...

Buffaloes too!