Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Morning Run

This morning it was 22 miles at the lakes again. I can't get enough of this spot this time of year. I saw the same pair of eagles, a blue heron, pelicans, geese, seagulls, and other birds on their way south.



It was a cool, rainy, windy morning, but not the kind of rain that gets you drenched. It was comfortable in shorts, but my hands got cold. I ran by myself today. I felt good the whole way.



There was fresh snow on Longs Peak when the clouds lifted.



After the run, I went over to Wilbur's and bought some wine. Today they are donating all their profits to the PVH Navigator Fund for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.



The mountains always remind me to keep things in perspective. Life is big, and small things come and go, like the birds passing through every year. Today looking at this scene I remembered how different things are for me now than a year ago. Last year at this time I was struggling, and now things are so much better.



When I'm at work, every day, I am reminded of how important it is to live life fully. I am so lucky to live here and see this scenery every day. Running allows me to experience it in ways that many people never do.



Every day I am thankful for my health and my ability to run.

No comments: