Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, March 26, 2010

Seventy Smiles


I'm up early, stuffing in as many calories as I can stand to eat at 3:30 in the morning. In the next half hour or so I'll be out the door to start a 70 mile run, my longest run leading up to the Keys 100, which is just 7 weeks away!

There's nothing better than a long run, all day, listening to music and letting my mind relax when I'm alone, and enjoying the company for part of the run. Today I'll have someone to run with for about half the miles. I'll start out this morning with the Buffaloes, then I'll be joined by Cat at 7 am for at least another 20.

The big snowstorm we got Tuesday night dumped about 4 inches of heavy, wet spring snow on everything, weighing down the trees and leaving big chunks of slush in the roads, but it was mostly gone in a day, and the roads are dry. I lucked out as today is supposed to be the nicest day of the week. High in the mid 50s and low in the 30s forecast. There's a bright moon this morning and I hope to be done before it gets too late into the darkness this evening.

The girls don't mind getting up at 3 am if it means they get to go running. They are sitting on the futon, staring at me, wondering when I'll quit typing and get going.

See you in 70.

1 comment:

Run Home Pam said...

Awesome! Hope you're having a lovely run....