Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot

We ran the Turkey Trot on Thursday morning. I thought I'd feel bad, I was up for several hours in the middle of the night, which is becoming routine. I even told Dennis around 2 am that I was turning off my alarm and to go to the run without me if I was still sleeping in the morning.

I woke up early anyway, around 6 am. It was cold and gray, and I felt ambivalent about running the race, but I knew it was the only way I was going to run. Otherwise I'd sit around the house like a zombie all day.

I didn't feel too bad. I went out at 7:30 pace and surprisingly managed to hang on to that pace the whole way, finishing in 29:55, just under 30 minutes! I didn't feel my hamstring a bit, but I couldn't accelerate much in the last mile. I thought I slowed down in the middle but I guess I didn't. My 3 mile split was 22:35.


Dennis ran well, he was happy with his run. We talked to a few people but we didn't stick around in the cold. We went home to the girls, made blueberry pancakes and sat in the hot tub. Later I took a nap, and later we went over to Austin and Melissa's for dinner.

We made a big bowl of fruit salad and brought some wine. Melissa cooked an incredible dinner, turkey and everything you could imagine in a Thanksgiving dinner, including homemade ice cream. It was a perfect evening. We talked for a while after dinner and then wrapped everything up early, since both Austin and I had to work Friday.
I think this is the best Thanksgiving wine ever. Merlot Raspberry from Mountain Spirit Winery in Salida.

No comments: