Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Coming Soon: Mission Accomplished!

I can't believe it's over.

I rolled into town yesterday afternoon after a 2 day, 1,039 mile ultra drive from Lone Pine, CA. Here I am with my sub-48 hour finisher's belt buckle.

Over the next few days I'll be blogging in between unpacking, cleaning my gear, and elevating my feet... The blogpost is going to be a novel, but I'll be working as fast as I can to get the story and pictures posted.

I had as good of a race as anyone could ask for their first time at Badwater. I finished faster than my time goal, I had fun, I had an outrageously fantastic crew who didn't slow me down for a second, and I pushed myself beyond what I thought were the limits of my endurance and ability to withstand pain and suffering.

I won't reveal any more details for now except to say I'm already looking forward to my next Badwater...

I'm blogging as fast as I can, come back soon!

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

Congratulations, Alene, on your phenomenal race! Well done! Hope to see you again at ATY and maybe at Badwater 2009, whether you run or work on the medical team.

You can rest now! :)