Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, October 5, 2014

What Color is Your Crisis Part 2

I got my wish on my previous post. Here, an intelligent voice discusses the issues surrounding the public health crisis of Ebola.

Thanks to National Nurses United to have someone speak sensibly about some of the issues facing the health care system that contribute to problems like the current one.

I did want to say one thing more, to clarify, that nurse informaticists are becoming an important force in developing EHRs (electronic health records) but when nurses at the bedside are not directly included and listened to, we run into problems. And the administration who is responsible for spending money on EHRs needs to be listening to the input of nurses.

Again, representation on boards and better understanding on the part of executives regarding the day to day work of nurses would go a long way toward improvement. It's a rare event for a person in a suit to follow a nurse all day to see what actually happens. We desperately need this to happen. Stay tuned...

No comments: