Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, October 31, 2014

Scary!

The other morning Dennis went out to get the paper and found this dude passed out in front of our garage.

Felix was out late, probably took SpongeBob drinking, and like the sponge that he is, he wandered off and found our house and passed out.

Felix claims he is glad that SpongeBob is no longer couch surfing at his house, so we're stuck with him for a while. Until he ends up back in Felix's custody. When he least expects it...

I feel really "off" today. Not sure if it's a delayed body hangover from doing the Rock Repeats the other day, I doubt it- or being ahead of an incoming weather front- possibly- or what. I just feel tired and not very motivated.

This morning started out rough, we found out that one of Dennis's college teammates had an emergency aneurysm repair after being rushed via helicopter to a hospital in Denver yesterday afternoon. He's my age. I don't even know all the details yet.

And just yesterday I heard about a guy I knew in junior high back in Pennsylvania who suddenly dropped dead from a heart attack, 51 years old.

For some reason those events smack you in the face. I suppose as you get older, these things happen with more frequency and hit closer to home each time. Life is short, live it now.

2 comments:

kate loving shenk said...

Our mortality is linked to our immortality--and our ability to let go in the face of inevitable tragedy.

I am looking forward to our Roundtable together, this week! Am setting it up, now!!

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thank you. Looking forward to it too, Kate!