Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sunset Run, No Whining


I did the post-nap evening run and got my 20 miles for the day. I woke up around 4:30 and got out the door by 5. It's nice to have daylight in the evening again. I went down the Power Trail and took some pictures of the sunset on the golf course and at the park. It wasn't the most colorful sunset, but still beautiful with the clouds.







When it got dark I was near Warren Lake and the geese were sitting on the water, in a place where the ice had thawed. I'm glad I got my butt out the door. It was cold all day, and warmer this evening than when I did my track workout this morning, but I froze anyway. I don't stop freezing until it gets to be about 75 degrees.



Tomorrow is a group run in the morning up at Horsetooth with the running club, and I'll finish out my 20 miles somewhere. One more day until the taper. One more. Whine not.

2 comments:

giraffy said...

Man. I need someone to tell me to stop being a whiner. I get the same way the last 3-4 weeks of a training cycle, and come up with every excuse imaginable to skip runs...

The cold would probably be reason #1. Yuck.

Alene Gone Bad said...

I did wimp out on Sunday. Double wimp. I went out and drank beer and ate french fries. How's that for kicking off a taper...