Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Drinking



It's Easter and I spent the whole day drinking...

Water, electrolyte mix, gatorade, Heed, orange juice.

Ten miles easy on Centennial Drive this morning. It was cold! It was 32 degrees at 11:30 when I was driving home from the reservoir. It's hard to believe I'm training for conditions that will be 100 degrees hotter. I have to remind myself to drink even when it's cold, to get into the habit.

After that I went to the sauna and did 40 minutes. More drinking. This time I tried running in place for a few minutes while I was in there. That was more of a workout than the 10 miles I did this morning.

The big news is that Steph thinks we got our permit to climb Mt. Whitney after the race! That means I'll have to train at altitude too! I hear there's a ton of snow everywhere.

With less than four months to go it doesn't feel real. Badwater still seems like some far-off dream. Once the warm weather starts maybe that will change. I don't know how I'll manage to get up any fourteeners this spring, with the amount of snow we've had. Maybe Pikes Peak, or some of the Collegiate Peaks, if we have a warm spring.

The Arizona deserts are getting warm, it was in the 90s in Yuma and getting close to 90 in Phoenix. It's supposed to hit 60 degrees here the next few days. I hope it lasts through my long run on Saturday! No blizzards, please!

No comments: