Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just Say No to the Taper Worm...

The taper is going as well as can be expected. I've been busy with work and other things so it's a welcome distraction from feeling like I need to bounce off the ceiling.

We took a trip up to the cabin this weekend to clear stuff out. We've decided to sell it, we aren't using it enough. We took the girls, they got a chance to hang out at their cabin hopefully before it sells. It's one of those "taper projects".

Iris knows where she is, as soon as we get over Kenosha Pass, she always goes crazy. We think it's the smell of cows, but it could be the scenery. This time there were no cows, probably too early for them to be grazing out there since the snow is not completely gone. As soon as we dropped down into South Park, she started getting excited.

On the way back the girls had to ride with all the junk we brought back from the cabin.

I was greeted by this nice piece of mail when I got home. One of those nice things about turning 50. Thanks for the pleasant reminder. Talk about the ultimate taper worm! I will have this done sometime this year, but I'm putting it off until AFTER the race.

2 comments:

Ann Soutter said...

just had my first one (also 50) the other day. Ask for the prep with only 2 bottles of nasty to drink -- mine was called "suprep" and it wasn't so bad. Surprised me at how fast it works, with no cramping. They were nice to me, even after I told them I was a nurse and a bad pt...

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks for the pep talk Ann... I will do it sometime after the Cornbelt race, this town is too small and I know all the GI docs from working with them in ICU, so I've watched all of them and as a result I know who I will and won't trust...plus it's a weird feeling trying to decide who, out of the ones you would trust, you feel comfortable with when you know everyone. Ha! I'll go for the express prep...