Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Colder Than...

The proverbial witch's tit.

I woke up to yet another freezing spring day...it's been a cold one this year!

Next week I go to Arizona, which I'm hoping will continue it's high 70-low 80 degree trend. I'm ready for some warmth.

This morning I didn't even bother to go out except to take a few photographs and put out the trash cans. I waited until 1 pm to start my running.

I did 10 miles but had to come back to the house once to rearrange my clothing layers, I was too hot in some places and too cold in others. I think it got up to about 16 degrees around 2 pm. I froze.

Isabelle refused to go outside for a walk. Iris only went 2 miles and she was done.

The front garden and backyard were worth going out to freeze for a while.
Blue Spruce in the front yard.

Bricks and basil in the garden.

Frost on cottonwood trees.

Frozen blue flax.

The front flower garden.

Ice crystals on blue flax.

I liked this one of the bricks piled up next to the hot tub.

Our street was clear again without ice dams before this latest snowstorm on Monday. Everything looks peaceful now, but tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50s again, with Chinook winds. Of course, on my hill day, so I can freeze my ass off up at Horsetooth!

The morning commute to the woman cave was busy with the snow on the roads. The plows came through sometime yesterday.

The girls always beat me to the front door.

No comments: