Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, April 22, 2016

Earth Day: Thumbs Up for Gray Hair

It's so weird. I've noticed this thing lately. I don't know what it is, so I'll call it a "thing".

Lately as I've been running along the Power Trail, or different parts of town, I have noticed a lot of people giving me the thumbs up sign.

I have no idea why. I'm trying to figure it out. Either it's because I'm so slow and I look like I'm struggling to run, maybe my form has deteriorated so badly that it looks like I'm about to draw my last breath, or maybe it's the gray hair.

I get this from men of all ages, and never women. Where I used to get catcalls which really pissed me off and occasionally resulted in me saying a few choice words to the offender, now it seems like I get the thumbs up everywhere. I prefer it this way. Even if it's like giving a ribbon to the last place kid for self-esteem, no one catcalls their grandmother. I'm pushing the crone age group, I suppose.

I'm okay with it.

Maybe I'm just assuming things here. Maybe I have toilet paper trailing out of my running shorts behind me or something else embarrassing?

Just a thing I noticed.

It's spring, and allergy season. I've been sneezing and have a runny nose sometimes but it's not too bad this year.

I have another blogpost brewing, it also has to do with gray hair, but it's not as pleasant an observation.

I did 13.1 miles today according to my phone app. I ran an hour and 45 minutes of it, the rest was walking. That's my longest run in a while, since February, I think. Maybe I did a 2 hour run in March, I can't keep track anymore.

What I do know is that I'm not feeling the motivation to train for anything. I'm getting out and trying to run an hour most days but it isn't always consistent. I do get the walking in, since I can get a lot of my desk work done while moving, it keeps me out of the butt vortex.

I have a lot of writing and blogging to do, you might see me here more often these days. I'm going to be writing a piece on cancer for runners as a guest blogpost for another blogger soon, and it will be a long piece with a continuation to here and my new work blog.

Have a great weekend and see you soon. Thanks for sticking with me, readers. It's been a rough run, lately.

No comments: