Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, November 30, 2015

Day 30: Finish Line

It's supposed to be a nice day, it's getting sunny. I want to get out later and run or at least walk. I also have the bike set up and ready. Maybe some of the ice will melt. I have big plans for stretching and all that later on, but first I have to get through some work and I don't know if I'll have a chance to blog later, so here it is now.

I found these squirrel tracks this morning, leading across the brick walkway under the arbor to the front steps to the woman cave. I think Iris has come back as a squirrel. She ate so many of them during her lifetime, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Tomorrow is December 1, and to me, that's the lead-up to spring. January 1 is the first day of spring in my world. I need to set some kind of goals going forward. Even though I have no desire to race or compete, I feel like I need some kind of thing to build up to. I'll need to think about that one, maybe a birthday run or something, but not for miles per year. I don't want to force myself into running that far by early March. I'll figure out some arbitrary adventure to do sometime in the next few months. I'm sure there are some weirdos around who will join me. Maybe between all of us we can run 52 miles.

NaBloPoMo was good for me because it got me back to the blog, though I wasn't happy with writing posts about basically nothing for a month. It did get me into the habit again. If you don't hear from me for a few days, don't worry, I'll be back more frequently than I was doing most of this year.

On the other hand, NaRunMoMo was a disaster. I have never been a fan of running streaks, and probably jinxed myself into getting sick as a result. I won't try that again. Better to move a little each day, and I didn't even do that on some days. It's only a month until spring. My clothes don't lie, though. They tell me when it's time to get moving.

My jeans have spoken.

No comments: