Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, August 29, 2014

When In Doubt...Dive In!

The old legs are still tired. I ran a tempo run with Wheaties Boy on Wednesday that turned out to be more of a steady state, pushing the legs as hard as they would go without breathing hard. We averaged just about 9 minute pace and I don't know what else to do. The hips were aching and the legs felt like someone was holding me down by the ankles.

Wheaties Boy suggested I get into the pool. And get some massage done. In Fort Collins it's hard to get in to the best massage therapists as they are all booked. Usually Dennis can take care of the minor issues but he's been so busy, he doesn't have time or energy.

Today I got in the pool and swam 500 meters, then ran in the deep water for a while. Only about a 30 minute workout, but afterwards I felt FANTASTIC. I always forget about the water, how good I feel when I swim. So I am going to start hitting the pool several times a week and get this body moving better. There is nothing I can do at this point without making myself more tired. I am running a half marathon on Monday and really, if I can average under 9 minute pace, that's fine. It's another workout.

It's all about rest and getting my body moving smoothly again before race day.

It's Labor Day weekend. Labor Day, for those who actually do the work, and will be working this weekend, too. Don't get me going on a rant right now. I'm going to relax this weekend. I do have some work to do, that never ends, but I had a productive week. When I think about where I was a year ago, I am thankful every day for the decisions I made, the support I have, and where I am now.

Smelling the flowers.

No comments: