Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Walmart Meets The Inn at Furnace Creek

The pool at the very upscale Furnace Creek Inn looked so inviting when I saw it for the first time at last year's pre-race briefing.

When I found out that the normally $400 a night rooms were less than half of that for a summer special they were having, I made a reservation, so I could check it out while I recovered from my sleep deprivation from working the race.

So here I am, having just checked into my princess lair, finished a Fat Tire Ale, and about to go down to the pool before dinner, which normally requires reservations and has a dress code, but not now, as they told me when I checked in.

Since there is no valet parking or concierge service now, I carried my bags down to the room, which overlooks the garden, a grove of palm trees, and the valley. I realized I fit in perfectly with the clientele here, carrying my plastic Walmart bags.

I have stories to tell and blogposts to write, but I'm too sleep deprived to say much, and typing on this iPhone is a challenge since I was officially born in the Baby Boomers generation.

So I'll continue to be a princess for now and write about it after I get home and get back to my laptop.

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Ahhh, the resort looks lovely and relaxing and the pool refreshingly inviting. The Wal-mart bags in the photos are a nice touch. Hopefully you enjoy being a princess for a few days as we both know who the two REAL princesses are and who are eagerly awaiting your return!!! :-)

Alene Gone Bad said...

Kathleen, Dennis has been sending me pictures of my little princesses every day. Prepare to be attacked when I walk in the door!