Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, April 1, 2011

Out Like a Lion

I woke up this morning and it was April! Did that happen to you, too?

It was an early morning, and even earlier, because I agreed to a radio interview at 6:30 am on the local Clear Channel station, KCOL 600 AM. They are supporting our Save Change to Create Change fundraiser for the Cancer Center! I felt honored to be included among this group of people. Thank you KCOL!

They did a series of interviews this morning, first with me, about the impetus for Save Change, the CEO of PVH, two local cancer survivors who have been influential in the community in raising awareness of the need for centralized cancer services and support, the executive director of the PVHS Foundation, and a high school student who led the amazing fundraising effort at Rocky Mountain High School where the kids raised $37,000 in 3 weeks.

Here is a link to the podcast, or you can listen directly from here, too.

http://www.600kcol.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=keith_and_gail.xml

After the interview I needed to get out and run 15 miles, and I am still tired after an easy week of running. Last week's workouts kicked my butt. I work this weekend. I felt good for the first ten and tehn I could tell I'm still fatigued. My thyroid is off, went a little overboard on the downward thyroid med adjustment and it threw everything off. So now I will have to backtrack a bit. The past three weeks I've been feeling like Towanda! on steroids, hot flashing and all, and that probably had a lot to do with it! Change one thing, and everything gets out of whack. At least I have time to fix it before Badwater, and that was the whole point.

It's hard to believe it's only 3 months to Badwater. I'm starting to get anxious, I need my training time, I need my schedule to be clear of distractions, I need sleep time in the afternoons, I need to focus. This past week was my rest week and I needed it! It didn't feel very restful, though. It's April now. Time to get down to business.

March thought it went out like a lion, but the lion is still here, in me, ready to tear up the roads. Time to blow out some carbon and do some serious miles. Don't mess with THIS lion. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

By the way, it was 103 in Death Valley yesterday! BRING IT ON!

photo credit: Nathan Nitzky

No comments: