Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, December 27, 2015

It is So Freaking Cold!

I managed to get over 50 miles on my feet this week, not all running, actually very little of it was running- only 3 days. But I got out and moved. Each day got progressively colder and the night of Christmas we got more snow.

Today it is the kind of cold that seeps into your bones and makes you not want to leave the house. It will be a bike day for sure. I feel like I had a successful week though, I did all my resistance training and stretching and all the extras. I will get there with the running, I don't need to get injured or sick like I did this fall. It's been such a long time since I've run much, I do need to start back carefully.

Somehow I will have to convince myself to start going up to Horsetooth as of next week, just once a week, to get the hills in. I'm hoping we'll be back to double digit temperatures in the mornings by then.

Spring is less than a week away.

1 comment:

Double said...

I'm seeing a pattern developing here. You are up in the stratosphere (50 miles) where you feel like you are accomplishing something. We are getting pounded with the snow now, so it is time to add shoveling to the time commitment. Donna does not walk Cookie in the winter, so I'll get an additional 30-50 minute time cruncher in 3-4 times a week. Consistency is the benchmark over 50 years of age. I feel lost is I'm not outside an average of 1.5 hours a day doing these activities. Plus one can blow down a couple dozen chicken wings now and then and it's no big deal. Keep grinding.