Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day 8 and Snakes-B-Gon

Cool Sunday morning, but it warmed up fast. Emma and I drove to the trailhead on Overland and for some reason the name of the trailhead escapes me, it's the one just south of Michaud Lane. Quick 5ish mile out & back, up to the saddle overlooking Bellvue and the foothills.

We had a lively discussion about all sorts of things, it's nice to have an adult conversation when you're cooped up in a little cave with a geriatric dog all week.

It's been a while since I got on the trails, earlier this year I was up here but now that the snakes are gone for the season, I'll do this more often. I twisted my ankle a couple of times today, it's rocky in some sections and I need to get back on the trails more often so I don't stumble so much.

Yesterday I got a flu shot and other than a sore arm, really can't tell today. I'm still hacking stuff up from being sick, that hung on forever, but I do feel better and I hope this coming week I will be back to running a decent amount, regularly.

I got an email from Bonnie at Cornbelt 24 Hour in Iowa and for a moment I considered going. It's such a fun event. But then I thought, I'll feel like I have to train for it, and then I'll go do it and have to recover, and all that, and I'm just not very certain at this point that I'll be willing or able to commit to preparing for it. Even if I just ran it for fun, there's the matter of the trip itself and recovering from it all.

I love the light in November.

No comments: