Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 22: Schoolyard Tree

Yesterday afternoon I was going stir crazy and needed to get out of the cave. I am still feeling tired and coughing up junk from my lungs. But I walked over to a nearby schoolyard, about a mile from my house, where there is a distinctive old cottonwood tree.

I have this thing about trees out in the open, by themselves. I love to photograph them and used to paint them in pastel, but I don't have time to paint these days. My ultrahypo blog features lone trees as the post images.

I thought I'd share my photo exploration of the tree with you, for something different. I don't know if next week I'll be running again or headed to a doctor appointment. Sort of depends on how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. But for now, I can at least enjoy the close up, slow view of the things I usually run by every day. ABC: Always Bring a Camera. So here it is, close up.

Approach on land
 
the geese have returned
My usual view
Getting closer
Dominating
The crown is so wide it doesn't fit without a wide angle lens
Roots of wisdom
The circumference of this tree is bigger than me
Up close and personal
In awe of these limbs
In all directions
Reaching for the sky
How many years did it take
Bark design
Way above my head
Old roots
Colorful
So much detail
Color and shadows
Each crack tells a story

Massive
In the bright sun
Definition
Texture
Skyward
Twigs and clouds
More wisdom in here
Storage
Deep
Shady side
Interior design
Looking in
Walls and carpet
North wall
South wall
Foyer
History
Come back again



Walking away, excuse the tree selfie. It was really cold outside, I wasn't trying to look like a badass.

No comments: