Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 18: Typical Colorado Day and Re-Plagued

Today was a typical day here, it started off warm, in the 40s, got quite nice in the sunshine by mid-day but it was gusty. There were a few gusts where I couldn't even stand up straight.

I took Isabelle for about a mile in the cart, but she wanted to walk some, so I took her out, and we went slowly.

I noticed how exhausted I've been lately, seemed like I can't get enough oxygen when I'm running. I feel so wiped out.

Well this morning and yesterday too, I was coughing up a bunch of garbage from my lungs and it was getting colorful, and not in a good way. My chest also hurts after I take a deep breath and try to fill my lungs. I felt tired all day. I finally figured it out. I got my stethoscope out and listened to my lung fields as best as I could, with the short tubing. Pretty sure this is bronchitis.

There isn't much I can do about it, except rest, drink fluids, and hope I can hack this stuff up without it hurting too much. If for some reason I start running a fever or start feeling a lot worse, I'll go to the doctor, but for now, I don't need to pay a co-pay and find out there's nothing that can be done. I'm not taking antibiotics unless I end up getting worse and it acts like something bacterial. I doubt it is.

So much for a running streak, I guess. I'll keep on moving, doing something every day, but right now, running in this cold dry air is not a good idea for my lungs or anywhere else on me.

No comments: