Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 16: Liberation Day and Unproductivity

It's November 16th, which for me is my own personal liberation day from slaving as a nurse. Two years ago was my last day of having a "job". I do not miss it.

I got a couple of blogposts written in the past 24 hours on Fighting Dinosaurs and a guest blogpost on the World Health Innovation Summit blog.

I tried to get some of my own work done, but that was not to be. I had to take my car in to the dealer to get the airbags replaced under a recall, I have a RAV4. I dropped it off at 9:00 and ran home. They said it would be done by noon.

At 12:30 I got a call saying, "our computers are down, we haven't been able to get started on it, and we don't know when they'll be back up." So I ran back over- sort of hobbled- and picked up my car. I rescheduled for next week. Annoying, but what can you do?

I wasn't having much luck here either, seemed like my brain wasn't focusing well and I was having technical issues with everything on the computer this morning. I hate having to get used to all the new garbage. I wish it could be simple. I guess I'm showing my age.
I am tired. I wonder if that 2 hour run was more than I could handle. I wouldn't expect it to be that hard, I did several of those longer runs before I got sick. There were no hills. And Emma and I took it super easy yesterday, I don't know what's wrong, but I ran for 50 minutes total today and my legs felt completely wasted. They were burning with every step and I kept having to walk.

I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I need to start feeling better somehow, soon.

No comments: