Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Obesify Fort Collins...

So the big news this past week was that Dunkin Donuts opened in Fort Collins. Midtown Fort Collins, only about a mile from my house.

For a town that has so many mediocre restaurants and franchise chains, you would think, no big deal, just another restaurant with crappy food.

Well I found myself in a traffic jam while trying to cross College at Harvard, at mid-day in the middle of the week, so I made the mistake of trying to turn up the frontage road along College to escape the traffic jam.

Bad idea. It turned out that the traffic jam was cars lined up and wrapped around the entire block and blocking the frontage road both ways, trying to get in what appears to be a drive-through window at Dunkin Donuts!!!

Excuse me, that's spelled "drive-thru". This is Amurrica.

Hell, you would think they were giving away an iPhone 6 with every dozen donuts, or that Black Friday was moved up by four weeks. Haven't you people ever seen a donut before?

Once again I take refuge in my woman cave...

This morning I ran the Tortoise & Hare 5K with the Fort Collins Running Club. My third run this week. My hips and knees ache, I feel stiff and old. I did not go there to run fast and I stuck to my plan, which was to run at a leisurely pace and cheer for all the runners. There were well over 100 runners this time. I had to run to the bushes too because I drank too much coffee this morning, and still managed to somehow run it in under 29 minutes even with the pitstop.

I ran there and ran home, and then spent the rest of the day working on various writing projects and preparing for a webinar this week. Having to turn on lights in the woman cave now, since it's getting dark so early after the clock change last night.

Maybe this week I will be a little more active than last week. Right now I feel like I need about a year off...

No comments: