Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, June 9, 2014

It's Monday and My Legs Hurt

As predicted, my legs hurt like hell today. I wasn't going to let that stop me though. Last night it cooled off dramatically and we were actually COLD. I got out an extra blanket and closed the windows.

This morning it was freezing! To me, 44 degrees feels like freezing. It was a perfectly clear day though, the air was crisp this morning and a perfect running day.

I started with the girls for a mile and a half, then did another 9, then another 4 1/2 tonight at Warren Lake for a total of 15 for the day. The morning wasn't too bad, a bit rough getting started, but I didn't really notice the soreness except for going up and down the stairs. Tonight's workout was a struggle. The soreness really started to kick in.

I'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm supposed to meet Emma early in the morning for a run. I hope I can climb out of bed!

I want to go up in the mountains but I'm too busy this week. if I get all my stuff done, I can go up next week. I'm also running the Estes Park Half the weekend after next. But I want to hit the trails up high, even though I know my ankles won't like it. I just need to get up there on the trails, way up high, and see, and breathe.

Today is our 24th wedding anniversary. Dennis went for a run, which is cause for celebration. Maybe he realizes that I might chick him by our 25th if he doesn't do something now. But he also brought home a key lime pie. It could have something to do with that.

I'm hoping this soreness will go away by mid-week. I'm looking pathetic. This is worse than after a long ultra. A few more quad-bashing sessions and I should be bombproof!

No comments: