Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Greetings from the Woman Cave

I haven't been blogging much. Lately my life has consisted of studying for my Cancer Exercise Trainer exam, working on a presentation I'm giving to the Aspen Club next week, and of course, running, with 75 miles in last week and a 40 mile run planned for this coming weekend in another 70+ mile week.

I ran Redstone Canyon, 13 miles slow and easy with my friend Katy last Saturday, she is recovering from knee surgery. We had a good run and it was great to see her. Then I had a kickass workout last Sunday in the cemetery, I did 18 miles and was hitting splits I haven't run in several years.

And of course tasting the latest release of Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA at Odell Brewing Company, hanging out with the Buffs, meeting with people on business-related matters, and having nearly every second of my time accounted for.

Tonight I'm about to wrap it up but thought I'd post a quick one to let you know I'm still here.

It got cold again, snowed, blew, froze our asses off, and now we're in a short warming trend, which promises to turn cold and windy again in time for March and my 40 mile run. March will come in like a lion, that's for sure, I will be the lion. I'm taking it easy this week with my running but plan to get a good workout in with the long run.

I also had my annual physical exam and my eye exam and I am apparently getting younger. My eyes are young, still I can get away without reading glasses and my prescription didn't change. It could any day, but I have young eyes. I am doing much better than I was a few months ago, overall physically. No stress-related issues.

I have also recovered from my brief detachment from my happy place last week with the tax-induced flashbacks. What would I do without my Buffaloes?

I'll have more to report on soon, I have another busy week ahead but things will start to get more exciting once I get through a few projects I need to finish. I already feel a rant building up and I'll have some carbon to blow out this weekend! The following weekend I have my birthday run coming up. Should have some good stuff to report on soon...

No comments: