Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Work Hangover Wednesday: Expectations

After two LONG days at work, I didn't expect much from myself today when it came to running, but someone else did. This morning when I dragged myself out of bed, both girls were staring at me before I finished my coffee. No excuses, mom.

Isabelle wanted to come home after one mile so we dropped her off and Iris and I went out for another mile. Then I went out to do a few more, not wanting to take too much out of my legs since they've been pathetic for weeks, and I had a tempo run planned with Shannon tonight.

I did another 3 miles and threw a few strides in, and felt halfway decent. Then I had a few errands to do, I did my weights, and stared into space for a while until I realized I needed to take a nap.

Tonight I did 11 miles, most of it with Shannon on the Power Trail. I didn't feel too blazing fast but considering how sluggish I've been, I still managed to run in the 8:40s. It was 84 degrees and humid tonight, and I felt like it was the best run I've had in months.

Maybe I'm coming out of my running coma. Last week I only got 28 miles of running in, I felt so awful. I will try to get a decent week in this week, then I leave for Badwater.

In Death Valley I won't get much running in at all until I make up for lost sleep, so I'm looking at the last week in July to really hit it again. I think I will be ready by then. This upcoming week with Badwater will be a good thing for me, an extra week to not worry about running too much and rest the legs.

A lot happened the past two days at work and I got to do some things I'm pretty excited about, more about that later. I'm too tired to write any more today, I just want to sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your posts leave me feeling exhausted! Have a good day.
Best wishes Molly

Mike said...

I always chuckle at the pics of your dogs. Have fun on the medical team at Badwater.