Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Obsessed



I feel like I am at the point where the race has taken over my life. I eat, breathe, run and sleep Badwater. Work is the only break I get! I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't love every minute of it. Dennis fixed my hazmat pants this weekend on the sewing machine, he shortened them by a few inches. I'm looking forward to wearing them this week. I should go out running near the landfill and scare everybody...

This Friday and Saturday is the expo for the Colorado Marathon at the Fort Collins Hilton on Prospect Rd. a few blocks west of College Ave. On Saturday I'll be there all day, from 10 am to 5 pm while runners pick up their race packets. I have a big display that I made on foam board with information about the fundraiser and the Badwater race. I'll have flyers there with postage paid envelopes for donations to the Cancer Care Fund.

The Foundation made up a cool flyer for the Badwater fundraiser. It has a background picture of the road between Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells. The one where it shows how desolate the road looks and the only shade is from the sparse little plants that grow about 6 inches high in the dirt on the shoulder of the highway.

I need to somehow get a run in tomorrow and I have to be at work for a meeting and a class in the middle of the day, and possibly be interviewed by the Coloradoan if we can work it in. If that doesn't work we will try for next week. I might have to skip the sauna. I wish there were more hours in the day, but I have to be back at work for a 12 hour shift on Wednesday.

I need my beauty rest.

No comments: