Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, September 22, 2008

Blue Sky

Today is my last day off before I go back to work and I thought I'd go out on the Blue Sky trail starting from Devil's Backbone on the Loveland side. I didn't feel too ambitious but I'm sticking to running, not walking, so I took enough water for a 3 hour run and the digital camera, of course.

Going north I saw a few hikers and mountain bikers. No runners. I ran as far as the turnoff to Coyote Ridge and up to the top of that saddle, and then I turned around and headed south. There wasn't much blue sky, it was a warm, cloudy day, and the foliage in the low spots is starting to change colors but there wasn't anything in blazing fall color yet. Maybe another week.
On my way back, I thought about going up to Estes after the run to find some aspen. I might have to wait until Wednesday when I'm not working, I was too tired today. I can't wait too much longer or the colors will be gone up there.


Not a bad run. About 12 miles of solid running on rocky trails, 2 1/2 hours. I think it might be possible to become a runner again.

No comments: