Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Spring Empowerment

I have been super busy, and not running much, though I am doing quite a bit of walking. I've done about 55 miles a week on my feet for the last 3 weeks. I have so much work and replying to people, that I just take my phone with me and walk the bike paths and get my work done. I did get 20 miles in one day last week, though I only ran an hour and a half of it.

This morning I participated in a "boot camp", for a group I've joined of like minded healthcare people who want to change things to do a better job of caring for the patient. I spent a couple of hours listening to the other people in the small group and working on telling my own story, which was very empowering for me. I've told it before, in different parts, but I finally sat down and wrote the whole thing out, leaving out a few things I would like to have said but really were just me blowing off steam.

It felt so good to finally tell it, and I plan to tell it in various ways in front of small and large groups in the near future. When you tell your story, it brings up emotions in other people who can relate to the same feelings.

I've been trying to back off on the expectations of myself with running because every time I think I've overcome my lack of motivation, I take two steps back. I love getting out and walking, it's not helping my clothes fit any better, but at least I am being outdoors and moving.

We started looking at puppies. Talking to breeders in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska. I'd say there's a pretty good chance that by this time next year we will have two Australian Shepherd puppies. The next generation.

I have been busy doing research, finding people who want to do research, marketing my services, speaking to groups in person and online, writing blogposts, and talking to a lot of people all over the U.S. and Canada, too.

I just wish I could feel like running. I have no problem getting out the door but I don't know where Alene the runner went. Maybe I'll find her. Maybe not. Maybe it will take a couple of Australian Shepherd pups to drag me along to get me to run again.

Maybe I'm content to sit here in the woman cave watching the sunset throw light on the back wall of the house, lighting up the new green leaves across the yard, watching the delphinium grow taller every day until they pop open with bright purple blooms, which should be any day now.

No comments: