Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spring in Colorado and the Cancer Harbors launch

I'm back. I know, it's been 2 1/2 weeks since I last posted. Completely and totally unacceptable. I've been busy with the launch of Cancer Harbors, making the switch from development to marketing, and time just gets away.

I have been running about 3-4 days a week, and feeling pretty good. Nothing exciting to report, I've been so busy that I just go through the neighborhood, down the Power Trail, or somewhere that doesn't involve taking extra time to drive.

Today is the Horsetooth Half Marathon and I am so glad I didn't decide to run it this year. Last time I ran it the weather was like this, actually worse because of the wind. It's 37 degrees outside and we have a big heap of wet snow outside, it was accumulating only for a few hours and now it's melting as it hits the ground. I'm glad because we have blossoms on our baby apricot trees this spring and I don't want any hard frosts to hurt them!!

I'm busy making videos and writing blogposts, press releases, tweets and social media posts, and other stuff. I know this doesn't have anything to do with running, but I am going to write a few posts for athletes and runners because we are not immune to cancer.

Here are a few links to my Cancer Harbors posts, articles, and so on... If you know someone with cancer, who has either recently been diagnosed, is going through treatment, or has recently (within the past year or two) completed treatment, send them to Cancer Harbors, because there are so many quality of life issues that go unaddressed by current medical practices in survivorship care.

Cancer Harbors website

Digital Health interventions in Cancer Survivorship

FIERCE class

Hope to have more running news soon!

No comments: