Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Vicarious Vlogging...Horsetooth Reservoir in the Wind

Welcome to a new feature on Journey to Badwater: Vicarious Vlogging by Alene.

It's where I take you with me on my running adventures, short and long, sharing snippets of my runs. If you've never run in Fort Collins, Colorado in the winter, you are missing out on one of my favorite places to run hills.

If you're lucky enough to catch it on a day like today, you can get the full effect of the sandblasting gusts that cut your face with ice shards, stab you with spears of dried grass, and steal the breath out of your mouth before you can inhale.

I wanted to get 10 miles of hills today but I only got 5 because the wind was blowing so hard I couldn't see. I pulled my hijab-like neck gaiter and head coverings up over my face and around my sunglasses, but I had to hang on to the edges so gravel and debris wouldn't blow into my eyes. And since I didn't have my arms at my sides for balance, the wind picked my up off my feet a few times and nearly knocked me over.

The snow blew so hard across the road that there were sections of slush all the way across the width of the asphalt.
Later in the day I finished up with a walk after the wind died down.

No comments: