Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Monday, November 2, 2015

Day Two NaRunMoMo, What Doesn't Kill Me...

The time change is killing me.

Usually it wouldn't be a problem in the fall since you get an extra hour of sleep. But I keep waking up at 4 something a.m. and can't get to sleep until late.

Today was one of those days where you enter into it with good intentions and everything goes on a tangent. I did get a few things done that needed to be finished, and it's really not all that bad, but it totally screwed me up being half brain dead anyway. What happened?

1. Picking up my new laptop from the Geeks. I didn't go to the original Geek Squad. I have never used the Geeks before, I can usually manage on my own. But this time I'm busy, distracted, irritable, impatient, and I didn't feel like messing with it. Windows 10 will take some getting used to, as well as the new keyboard.

Plus they had some private information, my temporary password for some of the stuff on the computer, and email and phone number around the purchase of my laptop, and they left it sitting there on the counter. I happened to look back as I was walking out of the store, and my info was just sitting there on the counter next to the register, while they were ringing up more customers. I walked back up to the counter and looked at the clerk straight in the eye and said, "If you're not going to shred this, then at least put it somewhere so it's not in plain view." Oh I was pissed. I thought about raising even more hell, but I'll save my energy.

2. Getting caught up in social media distractions. Some of this was productive but it was very time consuming.

3. Issues with Blogger. I can't get photos to upload. And I'm an idiot because I just got a new computer today and I am way behind the learning curve here, between Windows 10 and my brain fog. So again, my apologies, but until I figure out what's wrong there will be text-only posts here.

4. Finishing up some continuing ed classes and stuff I had to do for certifications, etc. Took way too long.

5. Not getting out to run until 4 pm, when I'd already been up for 12 hours and working for 11.

So I went for a mile run, which took me 12 minutes and 27 seconds, and I was looking at my watch the whole time, it was the longest mile I have ever run in my life. I didn't think I could get through it without walking. Somehow I did, but I decided it was enough. I'll do better tomorrow. I followed it up by pushing Isabelle 2 miles in the cart. And then it was dark outside.

I already warned Dennis who is on his way home, that I had a day and I need to be chill. I feel sort of like I used to after those 12 hour shifts at the hospital, where I simply could not function or interact with another human being until I re-established the safe zone, the energy field around me, because I felt so stripped bare.

I haven't had a day like this in nearly 2 years, so that's good. But I don't want to have any more of them.

So now I need food. But at least I got through Day Two of the double challenge, running and blogposting. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and can have a more balanced day.

Oh by the way one of our neighbors saw me pushing The Bella in the cart and told me when he dies, he wants to come back as my dog. That was the highlight of my day.

No comments: