Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Day 21: A Cold Day to Spoil The Bella

I wish I had some running news but I am still hacking up beautiful colors. Waking up this morning to 15 degrees, putting the Bella outside to do her business, I knew I would have to keep busy to distract myself from wanting to be out playing.

The Bella didn't want to come in, she likes to hang out in the cold. But after an hour I was starting to worry about her, so I coaxed her inside. She was shivering! I don't like the idea of my 14 1/2 year old dog being cold, so I heated up some chicken broth and gave it to her, and covered her with a blanket and rubbed her down, like I used to when we'd give her a bath in the bathtub when she was a puppy. She loved it.

Soon it was time for her dad to take her to Starbucks for a pup cup. He tucked her in under a blanket for the ride.

Spoiling the dog is a great alternative to running. I have no idea when I will feel better. If I am still really feeling bad by Monday I might go in and see the doctor. This sort of sucks. But Isabelle is enjoying it.

No comments: