Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 15 Good Start

It wasn't much of a run, but Emma and I went up to Horsetooth this morning and took the trail down from Rotary Park to the waterline, which is as low as it's been all year. We jogged and walked along the rocky beach and then took the trail back. It was more of a photo run than anything. The air was warm, the water was still, and it was one of those mornings when I feel so lucky to live where I do.
I also feel lucky to have found a running buddy who loves photographing scenes along the way as much as I do. She doesn't mind stopping!

Today is supposed be the last nice day for a while, we're supposed to get some rain and snow this week, and it's supposed to be windy, too. Back to the winter weather pattern. We had summer for about 8 months this year so I can't complain. I'm sort of looking forward to it. The only thing I don't like is ice.

It was a brief 3 mile jaunt this morning, not as far as I thought we would go but it didn't matter. I got nearly 40 miles in on my feet this week. Every time we climbed or descended the hills today I could feel my legs from yesterday's run. They were burning.

I really need to get back up here on these hills. I have turned into such a blob. I need to get back to doing some kind of resistance training, and my abs are mush. It's the motivation factor. Maybe I need to designate a motivation month for each different aspect of my workouts and get back into a complete routine again. Don't be surprised if December becomes some kind of theme. I said I wanted to be able to bite my toenails when I'm 60. I only have about 8 years to go, and it's a long way from my toes to my mouth, even if I am only 5'1" on a good day.


Happy Sunday!

No comments: