Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Thursday, January 1, 2015

SPRING!!!

Happy 2015! It finally warmed up to double digit temperatures today after seventeen below zero when we woke up the morning of the 31st. That was fun. I think that was the coldest it's ever been in Fort Collins as long as I've lived here. At least as far as I can remember. No frozen pipes or engine blocks, fortunately.

I stayed indoors on the bike for the last three days of 2014 and felt like I was bouncing off the ceiling. I didn't feel like getting up too early this morning, We were asleep by 10:00 last night, we're not into staying up late on New Year's Eve, the only way I'm staying up later than that is if I'm in a 24 hour or longer run.

After breakfast I took Iris out for a run, the temperature was up to 10 degrees. We did two miles and she kept getting ice balls in her paws. She hates those paw protector things, we've tried them, and she refuses to keep them on. I brought her home then went out for about an hour and change on the Power Trail. When I came back to the house I changed out a few layers because I was soaking wet underneath my jacket and I wanted to get out and pull the tire for a while.

I went out and did about a mile and three quarters with the tire, and came home. I had over 10 miles for the day and got my lifting in, and felt pretty good about starting off the season right. It feels easier to pull the tire over the snowpacked streets because there's less friction than the asphalt, but it's still a lot of work because I have to dig my soles into the ground to keep going.

After I was done I came back to the house. Isabelle was sitting there, waiting for me. She didn't want to go out today. She just wanted to see me, so I hung out with her for a while.

I got a strange pang of missing Across the Years as I read the posts from people who were there. It was cold this year. Maybe next year. We'll see how it goes. Still not signing up for anything until later in the year. I'm just enjoying this long weekend...

No comments: