Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Healing

Last night I had some body work done by a friend who is a retired medical massage therapist. She has a different approach to massage than I've experienced before. She was amazing.

Before she started working on me I showed her my foot where it blistered during North coast and I haven't looked at it in a few days. By last night I almost couldn't tell a difference between the area of callus that had peeled off and the original skin around it. I need to make an effort to keep it that way and prevent the callus from building up again.

This morning I woke up acutely aware of the exact points of attachment of my IT band top and bottom. But it was a good feeling. I definitely had some tightness in there that I wasn't aware of. My shins were sore too, when she got in and started digging. But in general, the old body is doing pretty well. My worst areas are always my shoulders and neck because of the amount of time I spend at the computer.

When I left her house it was a gorgeous sunset over south Fort Collins.

I just want to have fun at Boulder and I hope there's good scenery and nice weather. I can give my friend Eddie a hard time in his first 24 hour race. I recently started doing some mentoring for new runners through the Fort Collins Running Club and that's something I enjoy more than anything, imparting my love of running to other people. It gives me something else to look forward to over the long winter.

The trees are changing colors, but I'm still in denial. I think it will take an actual snowstorm to get me out of summer mode. And in Colorado, that could happen at any moment. Hopefully not until after this weekend.

No comments: