Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This is Your Brain on Drugs...

This is your brain on endorphins.

This is your brain with sore legs on a 15 mile run the day after a 15 mile run with sore legs the day after finishing an 80 mile week with sore legs from Rock Repeats at the end of the week.

My legs hurt again today. I started out the day with a relaxing run with Emma, followed by a run with Iris, followed by another run by Warren Lake. I noticed this "thing" in the grass yesterday but didn't check it out. I thought it was a rock someone placed there, or a piece of fabric that got blown across the grass by the wind.

Today it got my curiosity so I went closer and there it was...a giant shroom.
Psychedelic and mind-blowing. A giant fungus, in the middle of perfectly green grass. That's how much moisture we've had this spring.

It was another perfect day and I ran past Warren Lake twice. The roses are starting to fade but I caught a few still blooming. The scenery and giant mushroom helped take my mind off the discomfort in my quads. They HURT! But I know why they hurt, and I just have to run it off.

After tomorrow I will take a day off. I only have 10 miles planned for tomorrow. Maybe when I wake up in the morning they won't be so sore. Those Rock Repeats are the ultimate quad killers! Maybe the mushroom was just a hallucination. Do Rock Repeats make you hallucinate? I guess I'll have to go back for more and find out.

No comments: