Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vitamins

Off to the track this morning after I drink my coffee and eat something. Spring officially arrived yesterday. It was my first day in shorts and a t-shirt with no other layers.

The temperature got into the low 70s and is expected to approach 80 today. It's supposed to be cold and snowing with a high of 39 on Sunday, just in time for the Horsetooth Half Marathon. If all goes well I'll be wrapping up my 100 mile week and I won't care.

Yesterday I was running 20 miles around town and saw this sign. I was thinking about getting some vitamin D being out in the sun, but then I learned that I had the wrong idea and the wrong vitamin. There are two churches near where I live and they seem to be competing for slogans on their marquees. This week the other church says something like "Just because you're on the beaten path doesn't mean it's the right one".

Yesterday I wandered onto the scale, something I haven't done in several weeks. I haven't been trying to lose any more weight but I am down to 118. I dropped another pound since last time I got on the scale. My original goal was 15 pounds and I have lost 14. Awesome. The workouts will take care of what's left.

As soon as it gets light I'll be doing my decreasing pace 2 mile repeats on the track until I've had enough. Once I'm done, I have some work to do this afternoon.

I'm sure I'll be in this kind of a mood at the end of the day. These are my Vitamin B.

No comments: